Open Teaching Positions & Support Staff
At KidsPark Child Care, we have open teaching positions and open support staff positions which need to be filled. Check back here to find an updated list of what we currently have open. If your skill set fits our needs we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Co-Teacher, Mixed Age Room (children age 17 months to 4 years)
Type: 35 hours per week, 8:30am – 3:30pm Monday-Friday, working with children Tuesday – Friday, staff planning on Monday, and some events on evenings or weekends.
Location: Desnoyer Park, St. Paul, MN
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 dependent on qualifications
Benefits: Earned Sick and Safe Time; Paid Vacation; Paid Holidays; Personal Professional Development Budget; Discounted Child Care; YMCA Membership Discount
Apply: Please send a cover letter stating your philosophy in working with children and why you are interested in this position at KidsPark and a current resume including relevant experience via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 651-642-0724; or mail to KidsPark, 525 Pelham Boulevard, St. Paul, MN 55104.
KidsPark, established in 1988, is a not-for-profit (501c3), professionally staffed, cooperatively operated, state-licensed drop-in child care facility inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education. KidsPark is based in the Desnoyer Park neighborhood of St. Paul, MN. KidsPark staff provides care for infants, toddlers and preschoolers. The mission of KidsPark is to provide a safe, nurturing, developmentally appropriate learning and play environment, while providing families with professional, flexible, quality, hourly child care.
Reports to: Executive Director
Desired candidates must be:
- Interested in children and their individual and collective curiosity and inspired to be curious along with the children
- Comfortable working on a teaching team, sharing your ideas, listening to others and reflecting on what is incorporated into ongoing work
- Able to create meaningful activity plans based on children’s and teacher’s interests, be flexible to reorient activity plans with the children and co-teacher, reflect alone and with others on how the activity plans were received by the children and incorporate reflective activities into ongoing work
- Committed to continually learn, formally through training classes, informally from reflecting on your work and the work of others and networking with other child care professionals
- Able to find enjoyment spending time outdoors year-round
Preference given to job applicants:
- Demonstrated experience utilizing the Reggio Emilia approach
- Hold current First Aid and CPR certification, with infant/pediatric credentials
Co-Teacher responsibilities include:
- Create a warm, welcoming and enriching environment with the co-lead teacher for 10 children and parent volunteers
- Curate the classroom in creating a dynamic and developmentally appropriate environment, respectful of children’s and teacher’s interests
- Honor the needs of the children to be curious and involved co-creators of the ongoing curriculum with teaching staff
- Provide opportunities for children to grow their physical and cognitive capabilities
- Support each child’s current social and emotional state and encourage growth in their abilities
- Collaborate with families to create a community working to lift up children, their competencies and their rights
- Involve parents and care givers as meaningful classroom volunteers
- Contribute to creating a responsive, efficient and intentional program in which families seek our care and co-workers inspire and support each other
- Seek opportunities to further their own professional development to: support children, families and co-workers; grow the KidsPark cooperative program; and contribute to the child care profession